Friday 4 May 2012

Artichoke and feta tart

Another recipe post... We hosted pastorate on Wednesday, 9 people from church for dinner. We cooked 3 different tarts - a nigella recipe, a jamie oliver recipe, and a one I made up. Guess which people asked for the recipe for? Anyway here is the recipe as best I remember it (I meant to take a photo but it was eaten before I could). 


Ingredients:

  • 320g puff pastry
  • 2 tbsp black olive paste
  • tub of artichokes (I used some fresh antipasti tubs from a supermarket deli counter)
  • 100g Total 2% (or some other thick greek yoghurt)
  • 50g philidelphia (you can alter the ratio of these two ingredients depending on health)
  • half a block of feta
  • 2 eggs
  • lots of basil

Method:
  1.  Take a 320g block of ready rolled puff pastry and line a quiche tin with it (I used a silicon one)
  2. put it in the oven for 10 minutes (200 degrees ish) but check it doesn't burn
  3. press the pastry to make a tart, it'll be hot so use a potato masher or something
  4. spread the olive paste onto the base
  5. then add artichokes and feta
  6. mix the other ingredients together and then pour into the tart (I then put it onto another roasting dish incase it spilled)
  7. cook for 15 minutes
It was very good! 

I am still trying to decide on my next blanket, hoping to start one over the bank holiday weekend. 

Claire
x

No comments:

Post a Comment